Search for Scholarships
Study in the United Kingdom (UK) on these awesome PhD Scholarships. A generous stipend for a PhD Scholarship for high performing undergraduate or Master’s students at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research
field with the support of an excellent supervisor. Opportunities for PhD funding via this scheme are extremely competitive, with higher than usual eligibility requirements. Applicants should be confident that they are able to demonstrate outstanding academic
performance before applying for this scholarship scheme. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have ranked highly in their class, often achieving grades of 85% or higher in their degree(s).
Field of study: Courses offered at the University
Eligibility: All students including international students
Number of scholarships: 50
1. Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and
worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
2. Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of,
or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
3. Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
4. Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their
scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
5. Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic
department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review
the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
1. When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the
2 page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
2. To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
3. You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process; please see the deadlines below.
Apply Now or Visit : Official Website
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please contact
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7594 9014
Due date : 18 Juanary/ 22 March 2019
Next : University Of Western Australia International Achievement Scholarship
We publish latest scholarships and opportunities from governments, organizations, business, individual and institutions that are available around the world. Please subscribe for scholarships alerts on the Form available below and view our Disclaimer on Scholarships announcements published here.
Subscribe To Get FREE Scholarships Alerts!