|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Master Scholarships for Commonwealth Countries in Canada. Photo source: UOIT|
Here is a great Scholarship opportunity for International Students to study in Canada.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is delighted to offer Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships to pursue master degree programme. Students from commonwealth countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The purpose of QES is to activate a dynamic community of young global leaders across the Commonwealth to create lasting impacts both at home and abroad through cross-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry, and professional experiences.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is a public research university located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
Field of Study
Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Full scholarship: $21,000 per year, plus minimum funding (additional information on minimum funding levels)
$4,000 per year, plus minimum funding (additional information on minimum funding levels)
Number of Scholarships: Two (2) new full scholarships and two (2) new partial scholarships at the master’s level will be awarded for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Both full and partial international Queen Elizabeth Scholars must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have an A-minus average (GPA: 3.70 out of 4.30) or greater in the last two years of full-time study prior to receiving the award.
- Must be 35 years of age or under at time of application.
- Must be an international master’s student from the Commonwealth , enrolled in an eligible research program when starting the award. Anyone who has applied for Canadian citizenship or for permanent residency is not eligible.
- Be geographically available and visit campus regularly
- Must be a full-time master’s student and continuously maintain full-time status for the duration of the award.
- Cannot be employed outside the university except by permission of the supervisor.
- Cannot be enrolling in a qualifying or make-up year.
- Must agree to return to their home country and sign a form to this effect as part of their acceptance of the award.
- Must participate in community engagement activities in Canada.
- Cannot hold a QES full scholarship concurrently with a scholarship or fellowship from other federal or provincial scholarship programs.
- Must maintain satisfactory research progress for the duration of this award.
Nationality: Students from commonwealth countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Students must have an A-minus average (GPA: 3.70 out of 4.30) or greater in the last two years of full-time study prior to receiving the award.
English language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply for this scholarship
Interested international applicants must submit a complete UOIT application with supporting documentation to the Office of Graduate Studies. Electronic documents will be accepted. However, all originals must be submitted via regular mail.
- QES application form
- *Bachelor’s degree transcript(s)
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) or resumé
- Letter of support from proposed supervisor
Please note: The university will use the bachelor’s degree transcripts from your admissions application to complete your QES application file.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2017.
Next Scholarship: Monash University International Leadership Scholarships in Australia