About the Scholarships/Sponsorship.
As part of KPHL’s vision to drive core values that support the quality of its operations and the human capital; the company has initiated this Sponsorship Program in 2014 mainly to assist students whose families are finding it difficult to pay for school fees to enable their children to complete their tertiary studies.
KPHL Sponsorship Program aim is to build a nation of professionals who can in return give back to the country in meaningful ways, to build a better and brighter tomorrow. Through this sponsorship KPHL is able to give young PNG’s the opportunity to reach their dreams through achieving the very foundation that makes it all happen – education.
Additionally, students who successfully complete their studies through this Program, can be considered for further sponsorship
Programs to achieve higher qualifications or be given the opportunity for graduate employment within the company.
Now KPHL is calling for applications from interested students for sponsorships/scholarships in 2017 .
Students must be from the following categories of studies to apply;
- Grade 12 school leaver with an admission offer from a University
- Current university student in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or final year of studies
- undergraduate student who has been offered admission for Masters studies – this can be an undergraduate without work experience or one with work experience
- Post graduate student who has been offered admission for PHD studies – this can also be a postgraduate student without work experience or one with work experience
- Students who are able to demonstrate commitment and dedication to their studies
- Focused and career driven who want to excel into the workforce with promising careers
Program runs for as long as students are admitted to university to complete their studies
- To be successful for sponsorship, students must demonstrate above average grades in their current studies
- Students must maintain academic performance on an annual basis to guarantee their placing under the Program
- Students will go through an internal selection process with requirements that need to be met
- Consideration is given to both offshore and local sponsorships at Universities only. In PNG it would be UNITECH, UPNG, Divine Word, University of Goroka. For overseas sponsorship, it can be for any institution, as long as they are considered Universities
- Students may be given the opportunity to join the KPHL GDP, depending on performance and Management decision
- Consideration is given to students from the impacted areas, as long as they meet requirements in the selection process
Students will need to submit:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts for current or completed studies
- Copy of Degree Certificate, if already graduated
- Three (3) reliable referees. Students are encouraged to obtain a suitable reference from the Organizations they were engaged to for their final year practical/industrial training Offer of admission to University
KPHL takes this opportunity to thank you for your involvement in the Sponsorship Program and wish you all the best in the selection
Closing Date for all applications Friday 02nd September, 2016.
How to Apply
Request for application forms using the contacts details below.
Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited Promoting Excellence for Benefiting Papua New Guinea now and into the future.P O Box 143, Port Moresby 121, National Capital District+675 320 2253 or +675 320 023. Email contact here