Here are some scholarship opportunities for Internationals students to study in China. The USTC Scholarship Program is open for international students to study at University of Science and Technology of China. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
The University of Science and Technology of China is a national research university in Hefei, Anhui, China, under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. It is a member of the C9 League formed by nine top universities in China.
The Scholarship Program
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
Fields of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study any subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Awards: award includes Free tuition; Monthly living allowance: Bachelor’s degree students: RMB 2,500 Yuan, Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000 Yuan, Doctoral degree students: RMB 3,500 Yuan; +Free housing arranged by USTC+ Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Applicants for USTC fellowship A must:
- Be non-Chinese citizenship;
- Be not awardee of Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Applicants for bachelor degree studies must hold a high school diploma, HSK5 and be under the age of 30;
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must hold a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must hold a master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for USTC fellowship B must:
- Be non-Chinese citizenship;
- Be exchange students from USTC partner universities;
English Language Requirements: USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction.
How to apply for these Scholarships: Step 1: Download Application form for USTC Scholarship Application Form
Applicants for graduate studies are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and send the Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor to the Office of International Cooperation of USTC together with other documents.
Step 2: Online application for USTC Scholarship
The online application includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
- Create your online application ID with a valid email account and input a password of your own. You will receive a confirmation email. The reference number should be indicated at enquiries concerning your application AT ALL TIMES.
- Log on your application ID and fill in all the information and upload required documents. The online application can be accessed and edited as many times as you like before the deadline of application. Your information will be automatically saved once you click “NEXT” when you finsh each step.
- Submit your application form by clicking “Comfirm and Submit” upon completion. Note that once your application pass “file review”, your information CANNOT be changed.
- You can click “Status” in the Quick Links to check your application status.
Step 3: Applicants must submit application materials to Office of International
Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials forspring semester arriving after 1,September, will not be accepted; Application materials for fall semester arriving after 30,May, will not be accepted.
Required application materials include:
- Application form for USTC Scholarship (download attachment)
- Acceptance Letter from USTC Professor (Not for undergraduate students
- Two Recommendation letters provided by professors of applicant’s last school
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport)
- Notarized photocopy of highest degree certificate and academic transcript
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(download the attachment)
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
- Study plan
The mode of applying is online. For more information on these scholarships, visit the : Official Website
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Next Scholarship: PEO International Peace Scholarship Funds for Women