The grant is aimed at students, who have demonstrated exceptional results in their studies, or who show the promise to do so.
The University of Applied Sciences Offenburg, with its head office in Offenburg and a branch in Gengenbach, is a German university owned by the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg. It is one of the most important educational institutions in the southern Upper Rhine area. Currently, about 4,090 students are enrolled.
Scholarships are available to pursue graduate programme.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Partial scholarships are available.
Number of Scholarships: Several scholarships are available.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Scholarship for students with special international commitment Besides good academic performance (i.e. at least the average grade of 2,5), applicants for this scholarship are expected to have demonstrated high voluntary (i.e. unpaid) international commitment at the University (the given statements have to be certified, please see below).
Students with good grades (i.e. at least the average grade of 2,5) who are faced with sudden financial difficulties through no fault of their own and are going to complete their degree within one year are eligible for this scholarship (the financial difficulties have to be proved, please see below). (Please notice: If you already got a graduate scholarship in the past, you are not eligible for a STIBET scholarship anymore!)
Students who are faced with sudden and unexpected financial problems which threaten the success of their studies can apply for an emergency scholarship. The financial hardship (such as bank or rent debts) has to be proved
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Application Procedure: Please hand in the following documents to the International Office (Ms. Nele Hellmold) until October 16, 2017 (deadline):
- Application form
- Letter of motivation (reason for application)
- Curriculum vitae
- Notenübersicht“ with average grade (NOT transcript of records/Notenbescheinigung)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor (using pre-printed form, please also hand in your CV and transcript of records to the respective professor)
- Proof of matriculation
- Tabular summary of your average monthly income and expenses
- Proof of every given statement concerning your financial situation (e.g. copy of the rental contract, proof of debts, any type of income etc.) and – if applicable – your international commitment (e.g. written confirmation of the person in charge) Do not submit original documents!
Deadline: The application deadline is October 16, 2017.
Next Scholarship: Massey University Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand