Trent University is a public liberal Arts and science-oriented university located along the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, with a satellite campus in Oshawa, which serves the Regional Municipality of Durham.
Scholarship Programs : These Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate programme (M.A., MSc., Ph.D.) program and
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: This $5,000 scholarship is intended to support student.
Candidates must met following criteria:
Must not be holding any other major scholarship.
- Open to all domestic or international full-time graduate students (M.A., MSc., PhD) with an admission GPA of A- and have continued to achieve academic excellence during graduate studies at Trent University. Students may be in any year of any graduate program.
NOTE: Successful recipient must agree to release their personal information specific to their name, program, research and details of their leadership qualities that exemplify the qualities of the Thomas J. Bata Memorial Graduate Scholarship.
- The minimum requirement for admission to a Master’s Program is a four-year Honors Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent), from a recognized university.
- Over all academic average of at least an upper second-class standing (B+/77%) in the work of the last ten full academic credits or the last two undergraduate years (full-time equivalent).
- Applicants to a PhD program should normally have a Master of Arts or a Master of Science degree as appropriate.
- A minimum B+ average on a completed Master’s Program
- English Language Requirement
How to Apply for these scholarships
Application documents are following:
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- A statement of research(maximum two pages)
- A brief non technical summary (maximum of 400 words)
- A statement of leadership (maximum two pages) describing the activities and contributions of the applicant which aligns with the values and legacy of Thomas J. Bata.
- One confidential letter of reference from a member of the community addressing leadership activities, extracurricular interactions & collaborations, and character.
- Application Form
For more information on the application process check out the links below.
Application Form or visit : Official Website
Scholarship due date: October 2, 2017
Next Scholarship: Masters Scholarships in Engineering at Pontifical Catholic University in Chile