The aim of the Massey University, Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) is to support international undergraduate students to study at the College of Creative Arts Massey University. The Scholarship is open to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in Creative Arts subjects while studying in New Zealand or abroad.
Applicants must be either:
• International full fee paying students who have completed at least one full year (i.e. Year 12) at a New Zealand secondary school and earned an NCEA Level 2 Certificate endorsed with Merit or Excellence AND Excellence in an at least one Art, Design, Technology or Music subject; International students at high school in another country, who have achieved a level of academic ‘excellence’ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system;
• International full fee paying students who will have completed a Foundation Studies (or Certificate of University Preparation) programme, and who have achieved a level of academic ‘excellence’ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system; OR
• International full fee paying students who have studied in an approved University Transfer Programme (“UTP”), and who have achieved a level of academic ‘excellence’ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system.
• As a guide, the expectation is a student will show high academic aptitude and also show excellence in at least one Art, Design, Music, Creative Media, or Technology subject. Scholarships are strictly awarded on merit.
• Applicants must achieve University Entrance for New Zealand.
• Applicants must meet the required English language requirement for entry into their selected academic programme.
• Applicants must have received a Conditional Offer of Place in an Approved Bachelor Programme to be awarded the Scholarship.
• Offers of the Scholarship to NCEA candidates are conditional upon the awardee earning a Merit or Excellence endorsement of their NCEA Level 3 Certificate.
• Applicants who are already enrolled in an equivalent bachelor’s degree programme at another New Zealand Tertiary Education Provider at bachelor’s level, and who are seeking Advanced Standing or credit transfer, are ineligible for the Scholarship.
Up to $20,000
Tenure of award
The tenure of the Massey University Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship shall commence at the start of semester one 2018.
How to apply for this Scholarship
- First apply for admission at the Massey University. (Check details here)
- Second download the application Form here and Apply for the Scholarship (Application Form)
- Applicants must provide their National Student Number (NSN), Cambridge International Exams number (CIE), International Baccalaureate (IB) or appropriate identification number for their respective qualification type.
- A completed application must be received by 1 October for guaranteed on campus accommodation, and by 10 November 2017 for remaining applications (including those not requiring on campus accommodation).
Closing dates for applications
01/10/2017 or 10/11/2017 (annually)
Next Scholarship: Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Houston in USA