Here are great scholarships opportunities for International students to study in the United States of America. The University of Houston is offering fully funded Undergraduate scholarships for undergraduate programs in 2018. These scholarships are opened to International students to study in the United States of America. These scholarship program recruits and engage high-caliber incoming freshman who can pursue academic excellence without financial limitations.
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting-edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
- These Scholarships are offered to Undergraduate Students
Field of study: Any field offered by the University
As a Tier One Scholar, you will receive funding for four years1 of tuition and mandatory fees and the first two years of room and board. Plus, you will be eligible to receive a study abroad stipend and a mentored research stipend, should you choose those options. Your complete scholarship package is worth a total value of approximately $65,0002 in addition to the invaluable benefits of mentor ship, advising, and camaraderie that comes with being a part of the Tier One Scholars community!
Eligibility criteria : Following Eligibility criteria must met:
- All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
- If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
- The Tier One Scholarship is the University of Houston’s most prestigious academic scholarship program. Incoming freshman students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, leadership, and community engagement are encouraged to apply. Transfer students and continuing UHstudents are not eligible to apply for the Tier One Scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: The University of Houston will accept equivalent scores on either the ACT or the SAT to meet admissions requirements. Equivalencies for UH admissions purposes are provided below, and they can be accessed through ACT and the College Board.
The Application Procedure: In order to be considered for the Tier One Scholarship, the following elements must be complete and received by 5:00 pm (CT) on November 15, 2017:
- Your application for admission to the University.
- Your Tier One Scholarship application.
- A letter of recommendation sent directly by the recommender to tieronescholar-at-uh.edu. Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).
For more information on the application process, you can visit the official links below. You can also download the application forms.
Last date to apply: The last date to apply for this scholarship is November 15, 2017.