History or background of award
This grant was established, via the Victoria University Foundation, to support students undertaking postgraduate research at Victoria University.
Purpose of award
To support postgraduate research students.
* Priority to be given to those students conducting postgraduate research in Law, although other research areas may be considered.
* Priority may also be given to postgraduate students from Pacific Island countries although other candidates may be considered, including Pacific Island students resident in New Zealand.
* Selection to be made based on academic excellence and financial hardship. Financial hardship may be assessed by Student Financial Advice, if appropriate.
Number of awards offered
Tenure of award
One year, although consideration may be given to extending the grant, beyond one year, based on an annual progress report.
Closing dates for applications
Applications close on 1 March, 1 July and 1 November annually, dependent of funds available.
How do students apply?
Applicants should apply via the 'Application Form' link.
Research Scholarships Executive Committee in consultation with the Victoria University Foundation who will liaise with the donor.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Students will be notified by the Scholarships Office.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Successful candidates will be required to:
* work on a budget with a Student Financial Advisor, where appropriate
* provide an annual report on their research project
* write a letter of acknowledgement to the Victoria University Foundation.
Fees and/or living allowance, subject to funds available, or by way of addition to another award.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600
Phone: +64 4 463 5557
Email: [email protected]