The main purpose of this project is to investigate the importance of hypercholesterolemia during pregnancy for later disease risk in children. The project is a collaboration between the University, National Expertise service for familial hypercholesterolemia, OUS and NIPH. Project at the University of Oslo professor Kirsten B Holven.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UoO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
Fellowship is provided for the doctoral programme at the University of Oslo
Fields of Study
Fellowship is tenable in Clinical Nutrition at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Number of Awards: varies
- Enthusiastic guidance in a stimulating and enjoyable working environment
- Salaries in salary grade 50-57 (NOK 432 700 – 489 300)
- Good pension in the state pension
- Employment in an IW Enterprise a pleasant and challenging work environment
- Good welfare benefits
- Applicants must have master’s degree in clinical nutrition, etc.
- Applicants must meet the character requirements as B or higher at the master education and not less than average grade C on bachelor degree
- It is desirable that the candidate has previous experience with laboratory work, and preferably to have experience with one or more of these methods: Isolation of white blood cells (PBMC), isolation of RNA, PCR, and experience with metabolome analysis (lipid classes). In addition, documented experience with various statistical analyzes be an advantage.
- Candidates with knowledge of / experience with the specific discipline will be preferred
- Earlier scientific publication or manuscripts in nutrition research are emphasized
- Applicants must be fluent in Norwegian and English spoken and written
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree in clinical nutrition, etc.
Test Requirement: None
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- CV (summarizing education, and academic work)
- Copies of diplomas (including transcripts) and testimonials
- Complete list of publications and any professional working as it should be taken into account during the evaluation process
- Name and contact details of 2-3 references (names, affiliation to seek, email address and phone number)
- In addition to copies of diplomas and certificates requested foreign applicants to enclose an explanation of the grading by the respective university. Please note that all documents must be submitted either in English or a Scandinavian language.
Apply Online Now or Visit the Official Website
Deadline: The application deadline is March 29, 2017.
Next Scholarship: Lincoln University Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in New Zealand