|Waikato University in New Zealand|
Purpose of award
The New Zealand-ASEAN Scholars Awards are open to candidates from the public and private sector including civil society, university lecturers, development-focused organisations and charitable foundations.
Awards are offered for post-graduate level study.
To be eligible, you must:
* be a citizen of one of the eligible countries (Brunei; Cambodia; Indonesia; lao PDR; Myanmar; Malaysia; Philippines; Singapore: Thailand; Vietnam.) and have resided in that country for at least two years at the time of application
* criteria for awards for Brunei and Singapore are set by Victoria University of Wellington. Please see the country pages for Brunei and Singapore on the website below for details.
* not have citizenship/permanent residence status for New Zealand or Australia
* not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds New Zealand or Australian citizenship or permanent residence status
* not hold or have held a New Zealand Government or Australian Government scholarship in the preceding 24 months at the time of application
* not be seeking support for a degree programme already commenced
* not hold a qualification at a similar level or in a similar field of study at similar level (this means holders of bachelor degrees should apply for Masters or PhD and Masters graduates should apply for PhD study)
* be available to take up the scholarships in the calendar year for which the scholarship is offered
* hold a bachelor degree of strong academic merit that is relevant to the proposed post graduate qualification
* have a minimum IELTS (academic) results of 5.5 overall, with no band less than 5.0 and results to be no older than 24 months at time of application
* satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand institution in which the degree programme is to be undertaken, including that institution's English language criteria.
Preference will be given to applicants whose study focuses on the priority sectors identified by each country. Please see country information pages listed above for more information about these priorities.
Preference will also be given to applicants under 40 years of age.
Number of awards offered
refer 'Additional Information'
Tenure of award
Refer to Funder
Closing dates for applications
Application processes and timelines can vary depending on the country.
How to apply
Visit the provider website to download application forms and to get more information.
Visit provider website here >>